Tuesday, January 12, 2010

2009 Reads

  • The Forgotten Carols (Michael McLean)
  • Time Cat (Lloyd Alexander)
  • Riding Freedom (Pam Munoz Ryan)
  • Fantastic Mr. Fox (Roald Dahl)
  • War and Peace (Leo Tolstoy)
  • When Day Breaks (Mary Jane Clark)
  • The Return of the King (J.R.R. Tolkien)
  • The Chronicles of Narnia (C.S. Lewis)
  • The Two Towers (J.R.R. Tolkien)
  • The Fellowship of the Ring (J.R.R. Tolkien)
  • The Hobbit (J.R.R. Tolkien)
  • Where Are You Now? (Mary Higgins Clark)
  • In His Steps (Charles Sheldon)
  • The Promethius Deception (Robert Ludlum)
  • Redwall (Brian Jacques)
  • Wicked (Gregory Maguire)
  • The Whole Truth (David Baldacci)
  • The Sight (David Clement Davies)
  • Blind Side (Clair M. Poulson)
  • The Believer (Stephanie Black)
  • Chickens in the Headlights (Matthew Buckley)
  • Baptists at Our Barbecue (Robert Farrell Smith)
  • The Tale of Despereaux (Kate DiCamillo)
  • The Witches of Eileanan Series (Kate Forsyth)
  • The Appeal (John Grisham)
  • A Countess Below Stairs (Eva Ibbotson)
  • A Song for Summer (Eva Ibbotson)
  • Stranger with My Face (Lois Duncan)
  • Locked in Time (Lois Duncan)
  • The Power of One (Bryce Courtenay)
  • The Gift of Magic (Lois Duncan)
  • The Cry of the Halidon (Robert Ludlum)
  • The Third Eye (Lois Duncan)
  • The Matlock Paper (Robert Ludlum)
  • The Amber Spyglass (Philip Pullman)
  • The Subtle Knife (Philip Pullman)
  • The Golden Compass (Philip Pullman)
  • Our Search for Happiness (M. Russell Ballard)

8 comments:

  1. Which were your favorites? I think I spent most of the summer before my senior year reading those Lois Duncan books, so that brings back a lot of memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pullman's "His Dark Materials" trilogy were definitely thought provoking, though I would not really say I recommend them very highly. I LOVED the Eileanan Series (the two main heroines are twin redheads... so what's not to love??) - great fantasy! I was probably "changed" the most by "The Power of One" and "The Believer"... Tolkien and Lewis are classics that I'd never completed - loved them both! I really liked the Lois Duncan books and Eva Ibbotson is probably a new favorite... Most of the others were pretty light reads or pop-fiction that I use to relax my brain between the really hard-core stuff - but still enjoyable. ;0) I am really only half-way through "War and Peace" - it's really good, just a beast... So I just keep chuggin'. Oh, and I've read the first Redwall book, but the rest of the series will probably be a bulk of this years' reads. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Jessi! I am inspired! I need to read more!! And now i've got a lot of good ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm impressed.... mostly that you kept track of all that you read. :o/ Not terribly surprised that you read soooo much. :o)

    It's good for the brain!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa. If I had this post it would be called Julie's Lifetime Reads.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have you read Don Quioxte? Now that's a beast.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I started Don Quioxte once upon a time... Can't even remember if I ever finished it. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do you use goodreads.com ? I have been loving it to keep track of the books I read/want to read :)
    Great list, you definitely out-read me last year!

    ReplyDelete