Monday, August 25, 2008
1. Touched an iceberg - no
2. Slept under the stars - yes, many times
3. Been a part of a hockey fight - does shouting from behind the glass count?
4. Changed a baby's diaper - yes
5. Watched a meteor shower - of course
6. Given to a charity - yes
7. Swam with wild dolphins - not yet...
8. Climbed a mountain - stood on the top too
9. Held a tarantula - unfortunately
10. Said "I love you" and meant it - definitely!
11. Bungee jumped - no
12. Visited Paris - no
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea - yes
14. Stayed up all night long and watched the sun rise - from the top of the aforementioned mountain
15. Seen the Northern Lights - on my list of "Must See Before I Die"
16. Gone to a huge sports game - BYU Football
17. Walked the stairs to the top of the Statue of Liberty - no
18. Grown and eaten your own vegetables - yes
19. Looked up at the night sky through a telescope - yes
20. Had an uncontrollable giggling fit at the worst possible moment - uh, Saturday night actually, while I was driving home at 10p
21. Had a pillow fight - many
22. Bet on a winning horse - no
23. Taken a sick day when you're not ill - yes... yes I have.
24. Held a lamb - no, but I held a kid once
25. Gone skinny dipping - nope
26. Taken an ice cold bath - with ice in it...for real
27. Had a meaningful conversation with a beggar - a real one?
28. Seen a total eclipse - not total
29. Ridden a roller coaster - NOT THE TWISTIES!! (that's a yes)
30. Hit a home run - no, but I have a pretty good batting average
31. Danced like a fool and not cared who was looking - definitely
32. Adopted an accent for fun - and had someone convinced I was from Georgia
33. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors - Grandparents count, right?
34. Felt very happy about your life, even for just a moment - again, Saturday night. It was a good night!
35. Loved your job 90% of the time - The one I have now, yes. And the Creamery.
36. Had enough money to be truly satisfied - it's not the money that counts.
37. Watched wild whales - not yet...but a for definites on the list
38. Gone rock climbing - yes
39. Gone on a walk on the beach - *sigh* yes
40. Gone sky diving - no
41. Ever bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant - no
42. Bench-pressed your own weight - HA!...no
43. Milked a cow - uh, I tried...wasn't very successful...
44. Alphabetized your personal files - yup
45. Worn a superhero costume - not an official one
46. Sung karaoke - yes
47. Lounged around in bed all day - I was sleeping.
48. Gone scuba diving - no
49. Kissed in the rain - yes
50. Played in the mud - yes, but it's funner with a frisbee
51. Gone to a drive-in theater - yes
52. Done something you should regret, but don't - yup
53. Visited the Great Wall of China - nope
54. Started a business - tried and failed
55. Been in a movie - home video?
56. Gone without food for 3 days - food, yes. liquid, no.
57. Made cookies from scratch - That's the only way to do it!
58. Won first prize in a costume contest - no
59. Got flowers for no reason - yes, from mi padre
60. Spoken more than one language fluently - spoken, no. I sign.
61. Gotten into a fight while attempting to defend someone - verbal fight, yes
62. Bounced a check - *cringe* yes
63. Read and understood your credit report - it took a while, but yes
64. Found out something significant that your ancestors did - yes
65. Called or written your Congress person - no
66. Picked up and moved to another city to just start over - yes
67. Walked the Golden Gate Bridge - many times
68. Helped an animal give birth - no
69. Been fired or laid off from a job - no
70. Won money - yes
71. Broken a bone - no
72. Ridden a motorcycle - yes
73. Driven any land vehicle at a speed of greater than 100 mph - hehe...yes
74. Hiked to the bottom of the Grand Canyon - on the list, so not yet
75. Slept through an entire flight: takeoff, flight, and landing - yes
77. Had your picture in the newspaper - yes, for dissecting a sheeps eye
78. Read the Bible cover to cover - no
79. Changed some one's mind about something you care deeply about - yes
80. Gone back to school - after almost every summer of my life
81. Changed your name - no
82. Eaten fried green tomatoes - no, but it's the only kind of tomato that ever sounded good
83. Read The Iliad - a translation, yes
84. Taught yourself an art from scratch - to play the piano
85. Killed and prepared an animal for eating - fish
86. Apologized to someone years after inflicting the hurt - yes
87. Communicated with someone without sharing a common spoken language - yes
88. Been elected to public office - Band Council count?
89. Thought to yourself that you're living your dream - yes
90. Sold your own artwork to someone who didn't know you - no
91. Dyed your hair - no, but I've threatened a few times
92. Rocked a baby to sleep - yes
93. Ever dropped a cat from a high place to see if it really lands on all fours - yes
94. Raked your carpet - no
95. Worn a mood ring - yes
96. Ridden a horse - yes
97. Carved an animal from a piece of wood or bar of soap - not that anyone else would have recognized it for what it was, but yes
98. Cooked a dish where four people asked for the recipe - yes
99. Buried a child - been to the funeral for one
100. Gone to a Broadway play - not on Broadway
101. Been inside the pyramids - the Luxor :0D
102. Shot a basketball into a basket - yes
103. Danced at a disco - yes
104. Played in a band - lots
105. Shot a bird - no
106. Gone to an arboretum - yes
107. Tutored someone - yes
108. Ridden a train - yes
109. Brought an old fad back into style - no
110. Eaten caviar - no
111. Let a salesman talk you into something you didn't need - nope, and I'm very proud of that!
112. Ridden a giraffe or elephant - the latter
113. Published a book - no
114. Pieced a quilt - yes
115. Lived in a historic place - historic to who?
116. Acted in a play or performed on a stage - I was the wheat in Little Red Riding Hood.
117. Asked for a raise - yes
118. Made a hole-in-one mini golfing - yes
119. Gone deep sea fishing - not yet
120. Gone roller skating - yes
121. Run a marathon - no
122. Learned to surf - no
123. Invented something - no
124. Flown first class - no
125. Spent the night in a 5-star luxury hotel - Little America is a 4-star...sooo close
126. Sang a solo - everyday in my car
127. Gone spelunking - yes. more impressively, I know what it is to go spelunking.
128. Learned how to take a compliment - yes
129. Written a love-story - yes
130. Seen Michelangelo's David - in a picture
131. Had your portrait painted - charicature count?
132. Written a fan letter - yes
133. Spent the night in something haunted - sure felt like it
134. Ran away - I thought I did...until I came back.
135. Learned to juggle - tried would be the opperative word
136. Been a boss - yes
137. Sat on a jury - no
138. Lied about your weight - no
139. Gone on a diet - yes
140. Found an arrowhead or a gold nugget - yes
141. Written a poem - yes
142. Carried your lunch in a lunchbox - yes
143. Gotten food poisoning - no...and I'm knocking on wood
144. Gone on a service, humanitarian or religious mission - no
145. Sat on a park bench and fed the ducks - yes
146. Gone to the opera - The Marriage of Figaro...highly recommended!
147. Gotten a letter from someone famous - Bill Clinton :0S
148. Worn knickers - yes
149. Ridden in a limousine - twice
150. Attended the Olympics - drove past the ones in Salt Lake
151. Can hula or waltz - both, actually
152. Read a half dozen Nancy Drew or Hardy Boys books - no
153. Been stuck in an elevator - not officially
154. Had a revelatory dream - yes
155. Thought you might crash in an airplane - yes
156. Had a song dedicated to you on the radio or at a concert - no
157. Saved someone's life - yes
158. Eaten raw whale - no, but yes to raw fish
159. Know how to tat, smock or do needlepoint - yes
160. Laughed till your side hurt - frequently
161. Straddled the equator - no
162. Taken a photograph of something other than people that is worth framing - yes
163. Gone to a Shakespeare Festival - no
164. Sent a message in a bottle - yes
165. Spent the night in a hostel - yes
166. Been a cashier - yes
167. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt - I don't remember if it went off when I was there...
168. Joined a union - no
169. Donated blood - yes
170. Built a campfire - yes
171. Kept a blog - clearly
172. Had hives - yes
173. Worn custom made shoes or boots - no
174. Made a PowerPoint Presentation - yes
175. Taken a Hunter's Safety Course - no
176. Served at a soup kitchen - no
177. Conquered the Rubik's cube - no, I get a headache each time I try
178. Known CPR - basics
179. Gone fishing - yes
180. Found a long lost friend - yes
181. Voted for a contestant on American Idol or So You Think You Can Dance - yes (Benji)
182. Successfully convinced someone you were of a different nationality - yes
183. Received a promotion - yes
184. Movie-hopped - no, but I've dinner and dessert hopped
185. Planned a surprise party for someone - yes
186. Beaten all levels of a video game - yes
187. Driven more than 2,500 miles on a cross-country trip - not in one trip
188. Cried yourself to sleep - yes
189. Stayed awake for more than 24 hours - yes, and from the sound of it I'll be doing it again next Monday to Tuesday
190. Crossed a national border by car - by bus
191. Been to an island - yes, but not one that I remember the name of
192. Been completely out of debt - yes
193. Read a book from the Twilight series - yes
194. Traveled to Italy - no, but it's on the list
195. Given birth - uh, no.
196. Helped solve a crime - fraud case at work, yes
197. Learned to meditate - yes
198. Owned your dream car - not yet, but I can't complain about the Pearl
199. Learned to love eating raw vegetables - yes
200. Seen all 50 states - on a map
Friday, August 22, 2008
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Seriously a blast! I'd forgotten how much I missed all our random fun! Thanks for a great day!
Monday, August 11, 2008
- All These Things Shall Give The Experience (Scott Featherstone)
- Deciding to Decide (Dave Ulrich)
- The 7 Laws of Attraction (Dan Clark)
- How to Know When the Holy Ghost is Speaking to You (Dean Kaelin)
Saturday night I went back to a Dance/Carnival where I had the chance to make some new friends. Then on Sunday, Steve Young spoke at a fireside in the Salt Lake Tabernacle...I was on about the 5th row. 'Twas awesome! Overall an amazing experience. I'm planning to go back next year.
Tuesday, August 5, 2008
Here is the view of my place from the street. Our parking slot is all the way to the left; there's also a little shed next to it.
Looking down at our front door and lawn from the carport...
Living room (please ignore the boxes)...
Dining room, complete with table and freezer.
Left side of kitchen, with back to dining room.
So, there 'tis. I've been living there for a little over a week now and I'm loving it. The location is awesome - I cut my commute in half. Plus I'm right in the middle of a city much like the one I grew up in...feels a little more like home!