Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Finding My Way

I was at Sears last night picking up some crescent wrenches to put the bunk beds together when I got a call from Steven Lloyd, a friend from Provo. He was going to see Dark Night and wanted to know if I could go too. I said sure! (Sorry, Julie...this meant no day-time pictures of my apartment yet.) I told him I would meet him at the MegaPlex movie theater at Jordan Commons. I ran home really quickly to change out of my work clothes, and then headed to South Jordan, where I knew there to be a MegaPlex. Steve told me the address was on 9400 South and ______ (his phone broke out)...but since I knew where it was, I didn't ask for a clarification. I headed to 9400 South and Redwood Road, where there is actually nothing but a few houses and a small farm-type-thing. Not a MegaPlex. I was on my way to 9400 South and Bangerter Highway when I called Goog411 (most brilliant phone number ever!) and asked it to look for Jordan Commons. "Top Result: Jordan Commons, 9400 South and State Street, Sandy." I just about died. It took me about 15 minutes to get from nowhere in South Jordan to Jordan Commons in Sandy. I missed the first few minutes of the movie, and all the previews... but Steve and I had a good laugh about how I'm still finding my way around my new town. :0)

3 comments:

  1. Hey! I saw the link on facebook.
    That's funny! You may have been thinking of Jordan Landing, which is at 7800 S Bangerter Hwy in West Jordan. It's a huge shopping center with a MegaPlex.
    And to make you feel better, I've been here an entire month now, and I get lost about every other time I leave the house :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yah, I'd been there before when I watched Leather Heads. My brain just had a hard time connecting that Jordan Landing was located in Sandy. It still doesn't make much sense...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you had a fun night! Was the movie great? I want to see it, Spencer went without me. :o(

    ReplyDelete