Thursday, September 11, 2008

Remembering...

Along with many across the nation, I spent some time today reflecting on the events of 2001. At the recommendation of my roommate, I went to the Sandy Healing Field - originally the first Healing Field of it's kind.

There are 1776 flags set up over this field in Sandy, standing as "a celebration of life and freedom in America." It was truly a remarkable sight. Walking through the flags I was able to feel the magnatude of the sacrifices that have been made for me, for my enjoyment of the freedoms I so often take for granted. There are many similar Healing Fields across America, reminders of all that was lost...and in so many ways, all that was gained. I hope to remember more readily the lives that were lost in honor and protection of the freedom that allows me to live my life as I choose to live it.

1 comment: