Saturday, November 14, 2009

The Disable Saga, Part "It's Over!"

Hi Jessi,

Thank you for providing this information. Facebook has limits in place to prevent users from running programs that automatically scan the site for certain content. Although this was not the case in your situation, viewing or refreshing pages at a rapid rate may cause your account to be disabled. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide more information about this system.

However, after reviewing your situation, your account has been reactivated. Please significantly slow down the rate at which you browse Facebook and refrain from violating any section of Facebook's Statement of Rights and Responsibilities. You should also avoid using systems or products that automatically refresh Facebook pages. Further misuse of the site may result in your account being disabled again. We appreciate your cooperation going forward.

Thanks for your understanding,

Johanna
User Operations
Facebook

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So basically, the only thing I can determine - beside the fact that I apparently use Facebook too much, is that my internet/computer at home is a little slower than at work (not complaining, just the facts) and so it gives me grief occasionally when I load some of the things I look at on Facebook... like pictures. So occasionally to speed up this process (or get it to go to the picture at all) I have to hit refresh.

Moral #1: Refreshing is a bad thing. One should never be inclined to use the refresh button while using social-networking sites like Facebook.

Moral #2 (?): Jessi will still use Facebook, regardless of all the stress and complaining from this last week. It is what it is. (Is that a moral?)

1 comment:

  1. Yes Jessi, won't you please "Please significantly slow down the rate at which you browse Facebook" That is the STUPIDEST thing I have ever heard. I wish I knew who to punch. Anyway, glad you're back on facebook.

    ReplyDelete