Monday, October 18, 2010

Day 18: My Future Wedding

It's kinda funny that you could have a list of 30 things to write about and this is the one I've been dreading all month. At first I had lots that I thought I wanted to say... and then I decided that I had no clue how to write this post. I have come ultimately to the conclusion of I HAVE NO FREAKING IDEA!!! Pretty sure that's why they call it the future. It's the abstract thing that hasn't happened yet that you can't really predict... that's just the nature of the future.

But I think that's okay. I don't think I need to know. I've participated in a lot of weddings, helped plan a few, and taken pictures at some others. I've learned a lot, but when it comes to my own wedding... those are decisions that will be made with the long-lost man wandering aimlessly looking for me (emphasis apparently on the wandering and the aimlessly parts).

However, for the sakes of this post I will share with you some of my ideas, a small list of things that you could expect to see on that great Someday in the future:

  • I will have a wedding dress, but I'm pretty sure I will wear a regular temple dress in the temple instead of my *reception* dress.
  • I don't think there will be a wedding luncheon. I think we will have a BBQ with family and close friends the night before the wedding.
  • I always wanted a winter wedding... just felt right. Knowing irony, I will likely get married in the middle of August, in 110-degree weather, and it will be ridiculously humid.
  • My bridesmaids (of which there will be few) will not have uncomfortable gowns that they will never wear again. They will probably don denim skirts, matching blouses, and either go barefoot or wear matching flip-flops.
  • There will likely be dancing and the music will be awesome. Times change as do the songs I "absolutely must" play at my wedding, but I'm pretty sure this one will be on the list. It's almost unavoidable in its perfection. (And the "music video" (?) is laugh-out-loud funny... or is that just that they even made a music video...?)
  • I will not go to a hot beach for my honeymoon. That is perfect for other people, but I think I'd much prefer to spend the time in the mountains somewhere... away in the redwoods.
The most specific part of my plans - and the only part that I know for sure - is that I will be married in the temple. Period. The end. Don't know which one, and I'm not really sure that part matters a whole lot. This will be the most important 30-or-so minutes of my life, and the part that matters is who I'm with and where we are. Everything above and beyond that is just extra.

No comments:

Post a Comment